The ISTQB® Advanced Technical Test Analyst certification extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at Foundation Level to allow growth into the Technical Test Analyst role.
Chapter 1: The Technical Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
Chapter 2: White-Box Test Techniques
- Statement Testing
- Decision Testing
- Modified Condition/Decision Testing
- Multiple Condition Testing
- Basis Path Testing
- API Testing
- Selecting a White-box Test Technique
Chapter 3: Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
Chapter 4: Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- General Planning Issues
- Security Testing
- Reliability Testing
- Performance Testing
- Maintainability Testing
- Portability Testing
- Compatibility Testing
Chapter 5: Reviews
- Technical Test Analyst Tasks in Reviews
- Using Checklists in Reviews
Chapter 6 Test Tools and Automation
- Defining the Test Automation Project
- Specific Test Tools
Holders of the ISTQB® CTAL Technical Test Analyst certificate can…
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.